This section will be for the kids in terms of hints and tips to make them better players. Watch this space!
Next CSC Chess Competition - Sun 20th May (3 entries)
Please see details...........> Next Competition
Just one week after the Megafinal
All 13 Entries confirmed for Megafinal
Fantastic to see all 6 qualifiers from St James' and St Thomas' and Anniyah my private tuition have signed up for the Megafinal at Saddleworth School on 12th May.
Megafinal Entry details
For those qualified for the Megafinal the schools will be sending a letter home with a form attached for completion. Please bring it back into school as soon as possible (before Easter please as places are limited). Once this is done and you have confirmed participation I will sort the entry out for you online. If you could confirm here when you have received the letter/form that would be very helpful.
Megafinal Date Change
Please note the Megafinal has now been moved from 28th April to 12th May. It will still take place at Saddleworth School. Arrangements will be made shortly for entry to the competition.
Last Chance Saloon Results - 7 more qualifiers (13 in total)
Today we had the Last Chance Saloon (47 players), as the name describes the last chance to qualify for the Megafinal at Saddleworth school which will now be on Sat 12th May. Another remarkable day.
We now have 12 qualifiers (6 today to go with the 6 already through). We have 6 from each school.
- Lawrence Moustafa swept everyone aside with ease to win all 6 games.
- William Hardman-Elliott and Alex Hollingworth both won 5 out of 6 to also qualify.
- Congratulations to Austin Butterworth and Lucy Lowe who both also got through (just) with 4 out of 6.
- Jacob Hunt even though he didn’t reach the 4pts also is through as the best year 6.
Poor Dylan was in a final round shoot out with Lucy Lowe, with the winner going through (very tense especially as Lucy and Dylan had travelled to the event together!) Isaac Blabo in his first competition showed great maturity to score 3.5 but missed out by 0.5 as he had to play Lawrence in the last round!!!
Great effort from Curtis Cresswell and Ewan Finnegan in their first event.
- St James – Alexia Clancy, Lucy Inglis, Ayaan Iltaf, Lucy Lowe, Lawrence Moustafa, William Hardman Elliott
- St Thomas – Austin Butterworth, Maddison Smith, Jacob Hunt, Ethan Lancaster, Alex Hollingworth. Moustafa Dia.
|Jacob||6||B||1||1.5||2.5||2.5||2.5||3.5||Qualified (top year 6)|
|Ethan||5||B||0.5||1.5||2.5||3.5||4.5||5||Already Qualified - 2nd place in qualified tournament|
|Dylan||4||B||0||1||1||2||3||3||Had to win last game to qualified|
|Lawrence||4||B||1||2||3||4||5||6||Qualified (top year 4)|